Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Meghan's Strawberry, Nanna, Peaches, Blueberry Smooovie

Long-time readers, family, and most friends know that about 3 years ago I had gastric banding surgery. This and a heavily scarred esophagus makes eating very hard sometimes. Therefore, we have a lot of smoothies in the mornings around here. This morning Meghan dictated what would go into our smoothies, and I must say they are FABULOUS!

Ingredients:

  • 2 TBSp flaxseed meal, you could use whole flaxseeds, but I bought the meal so I could use it in my baking. I use the flaxseed for fiber not to mention the other health benefits.
  • Two scoops of our favorite vanilla soy protein powder.
  • 1 cup Almond milk, we use the plain flavored variety.
  • 1 frozen banana, I take our bananas that get riper than we prefer peel them, cut them into thirds and keep them in a zip-loc bag in the freezer.
  • Hand full of frozen strawberries, blueberries, and sliced peaches. I use frozen fruit in our smoothies instead of ice so we get our fruit and our smoothies do not become watered down as they melt.
  1. Combine all ingredients in blender, with liquid on bottom.
  2. Blend until all fruit has been blitzed and it looks like a milkshake.
  3. *Meghan's direction: serve with cream (whipped cream)
Enjoy!

No comments: