Monday, February 20, 2012

Garlic Cheddar Biscuits

Who knew? Who knew, I could have something so yummy one might think it came from a restaurant in my own home, certainly not I.

Tonight I was puttering around in the kitchen, preparing to pan fry our turkey mignons when a thought struck me. Biscuits, I wanted biscuits for dinner. However, I didn't want ordinary biscuits. I NEEDED wanted biscuits with a hint of garlic, biscuits filled with cheddar goodness.

I gathered up some ingredients:

  • baking mix, we had Jiffy brand on hand. I found that Jiffy tastes as good as that brand in the big yellow box, but is about a dollar cheaper.
  • milk
  • garlic powder
  • cheddar cheese
  1. Measure out baking mix according to recipe on box. Since we are a small family, I halved the recipe.
  2. Add some garlic powder. I did not measure it out, just sprinkled it on. 
  3. Mix the garlic and baking mix together.
  4. Grate your cheese and add to the mixture. I simply cut a hunk of cheese about the width of two fingers off my 10oz. block, probably about 1 oz.
  5. Add required liquid. My baking mix called for milk. 
  6. Stir 
  7. Spoon onto cookie sheet. I use my Pampered Chef stoneware so I do not worry about my baked goods sticking. If I were to use my metal cookie sheet, I would have used parchment paper to line my pan first.
  8. Bake as directed
My recipe made 6 biscuits. Miss M ate three biscuits, so definitely a hit with the kid.

Enjoy

1 comment:

Debstar said...

I have been looking for EXACTLY this type of buscuit recipe, becaue I want to make my mom's spaghetti and meatballs, but wanted a yummy garlicy cheesy buscit. Thank you for the great recipe, I can't wait to try it!