Tonight I was puttering around in the kitchen, preparing to pan fry our turkey mignons when a thought struck me. Biscuits, I wanted biscuits for dinner. However, I didn't want ordinary biscuits. I
I gathered up some ingredients:
- baking mix, we had Jiffy brand on hand. I found that Jiffy tastes as good as that brand in the big yellow box, but is about a dollar cheaper.
- garlic powder
- cheddar cheese
- Measure out baking mix according to recipe on box. Since we are a small family, I halved the recipe.
- Add some garlic powder. I did not measure it out, just sprinkled it on.
- Mix the garlic and baking mix together.
- Grate your cheese and add to the mixture. I simply cut a hunk of cheese about the width of two fingers off my 10oz. block, probably about 1 oz.
- Add required liquid. My baking mix called for milk.
- Spoon onto cookie sheet. I use my Pampered Chef stoneware so I do not worry about my baked goods sticking. If I were to use my metal cookie sheet, I would have used parchment paper to line my pan first.
- Bake as directed
My recipe made 6 biscuits. Miss M ate three biscuits, so definitely a hit with the kid.