Prep Time: 5 minutes Cooking Time: 18 minutes Servings: 6(1-cup)
I got this recipe from another one of my famed grocery checkout stand cookbooks, this one by Land O Lakes. This recipe reinforced my family's opinion on garbanzo beans(chick peas), next time I will be substituting white navy beans, we like those.
- 1 TBsp butter (the recipe specifies a particular brand, but to me butter is butter...it's all good)
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces (we only use chicken breast in this family, it was still good)
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 (14-1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 ts garlic powder
- Melt butter in 10-inch skillet until sizzling; add chicken. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occassionally, until lightly browned (5 to 7 minutes). Stir in all remaining ingredients. (I added my seasonings first and toasted them slightly in the pan before adding the rest of the ingredients.) Continue cooking until mixture comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low. Cover; cook until flavors are blended(10 to 15 minutes).