Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Roasted Vegetables

Mr. Wheeler LOVES roasted vegetables, a fact I have just recently learned after almost 12 years of marriage. Tonight I made roasted vegetables, and tonight I took the easy way out.



  • 2 medium sized red potatoes (remember we are a small family of three)
  • 2 medium sized red onions
  • 2 carrots
  • 5 garlic cloves
  • 1 packet of Lipton's onion soup mix
  • splash of olive oil
  1. Wash your potatoes, cut them into similar sized chunks. Place potatoes into a zip-loc bag, or if you prefer a bowl that will be large enough to mix all your ingredients.
  2. Peel onion. Leave a smidge of the root attached so that when you cut your wedges your onion maintains its shape. Cut onion into wedges, I cut each of my onions into 6 wedges. Add to cut potatoes.
  3. Peel (or not depending on preference) carrots, cut into similar sized chunks. My carrots were like me, short and squat, so I cut them in half. Then I cut the bottom halves into half again and the tops into fourths. Add to other cut vegetables.
  4. Peel garlic and add to other vegetables. I have taken to buying my garlic already peeled, it is just easier for me since we use a fair amount of garlic in our house.
  5. Sprinkle vegetables with soup mix, add enough oil to coat vegetables evenly. I love to use a zip-loc bag for this step because then I can close it up and give it to Miss M to shake it up. She LOVES to help in the kitchen.
  6. Spread coated vegetables on baking sheet. 
  7. Bake at 350F for at least 45 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Tonight I baked them at 350F for 25 minutes and then at 425F for 20 minutes when I added my chicken to the oven. Turned out great.
Enjoy!

No comments: