Wednesday, February 8, 2012

French Fried Onion Crusted Chicken

This recipe is a mix of two separate recipes--one from the back of a French Fried Onion container, and the other torn out of a magazine. This is a recipe to which I do not have or use specific measurements--please do not ask for them because I do not have them.


Preheat oven to 425F

You will need:

  • Mayo of choice, we happen to use the brand mentioned in the above photo
  • Chicken breasts, we use boneless and skinless. I imagine you can use whatever chicken pieces you prefer, just be sure to research cooking times for the specific chicken you use.
  • Garlic cloves, for this recipe I used two cloves. Use more or less depending on individual taste.
  • Shredded parmesan cheese, tonight I used Kraft's romano and parm blend
  • French fried onions
  • Panko bread crumbs
  1. I mixed about one cup of mayo with about two palmfuls of the cheese and the garlic cloves which I had pressed through my garlic press in a shallow pie pan.
  2. Next I poured about 2 cups of the French fried onions into a zip-loc bag and crushed them.
  3. Then I mixed my crushed onions with about 1 cup of Panko bread crumbs into a second shallow pie pan.
  4. Dredge your chicken into themayo mix, covering each piece generously. Then dredge the mayo-covered chicken in the onion-panko mixture.
  5. Place chicken onto baking sheet, I like to use my medium stone bar pan from Pampered Chef.
  6. For chicken breasts bake at 425F for 20 minutes. The chicken breasts I had where HUGE, so the twenty minutes was PERFECT. If you have smaller pieces you will really need to check the temperature of your chicken so that it does not become a hockey puck. I recommend taking your meat out about 5 degrees less than the recommended temperature and allowing your meat to sit (tented with foil to stay warm) for about 10 minutes. The carry over cooking will bring your meat up to the safe temperature and you will be less likely to over cook your meat--therefore, making it dry.

We had roasted vegetables, Korean strawberries, and the left over baguette I made to go with Monday's spaghetti--all very yummy. 



Enjoy

1 comment:

Lacey said...

Yum! We make the mayo/parm chicken, but I love the idea of adding fried onions!