To prepare: Defrost your meat. This recipe can be done on the stove or in a Crockpot. If using a Crockpot, do steps one and two in a pan and then add meat mixture to your Crockpot with remaining ingredients.)
· 1 lb. pork sausage
· 1 lb. ground beef
· 1 onion, chopped
· 2 cloves of garlic, minced
· 1 pkg taco seasoning
· 1 ½ tsp of cumin (add more to your taste)
· 2 - 10 oz. cans Ro*Tel
· 1 – 15 ¼ oz. can of corn, drained
· 2 – 16 oz. cans of Chili Beans
· 2 – 15 oz. cans black beans, drained and rinsed
· 2 – 14 ½ oz. cans beef broth
· 1 – 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
· Sour cream and shredded cheese to garnish with
1. Brown the meats together until cooked then drain any fat.
2. Add the onion, garlic, taco seasoning, and cumin to the meat and sauté for a few minutes to toast your seasonings.
3. Add remaining ingredients. If doing on stovetop, bring to a simmer, then turn to low, and allow it to cook for at least an hour. The longer you let it cook the more your flavors will meld, and the yummier your house smells. If using a Crockpot, cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or on high for 4 to 6 hours. I like to use my enameled covered cast iron pot and put it in the oven at 300° F for a couple of hours.
4. Garnish with sour cream and shredded cheese.