"Taste of Home" recipe
Yields: 2 Casseroles(6 servings each)
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) chicken stuffing mix
- 2 cans(10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup of milk
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) mushroom stems and pieces, drained (canned mushrooms are food non gratia in this house, so I just rough chopped a couple handfuls of button mushrooms)
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepare stuffing mixes according to package directions. Mean while in a large bowl, combine soup and milk; set aside. Spread the stuffing into two greased 8-in. square baking dishes. Layer with chicken, corn, mushrooms, soup mixture, and cheese.
- Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Cover and bake the second casserole at 350F for 30 - 35 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- To use frozen casserole: Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before baking(do not thaw). Bake at 350F for 1-1/2 hours. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through.
This is tonight's dinner, so I will let you know how it goes.