Monday, June 1, 2009

Kneader's Key Lime Tarts...

I know, I know, I know...it has been forever and a day since I posted a new recipe here. We haven't really tried anything new or worthy of sharing, until this weekend. A few weeks ago while trying to find the recipe to a lemon dessert I saw on Good Things Utah while walking the treadmill I came across another recipe that sounded delicious.

I printed off both recipes, and we tried the lemon one first, it is a take on Tira Misu, without the espresso. We were not huge fans of it in this house, in fact I just put all of it but the two servings we ate in the garbage disposal, which was sad because it was mighty expensive to make.

Yesterday I decided that my family needed a special treat so I picked up the ingredients that I didn't have on hand at the market to make the lime tarts. I knew I would probably like it, but I was not so sure about Phillip. One bite and he exclaimed, "Yum, this IS good."

I don't want to step on toes, so I will just send you HERE to get the recipe for yourself.

We have decided to try it next time using lemons. This is such a quick, refreshing dessert. The hardest part is letting it chill the required three hours before eating! And as a side note...if there is any question for the topping...GO FOR THE REAL WHIPPED CREAM YOU MAKE AT HOME WITH HEAVY CREAM.

No comments: