Thursday, February 12, 2009

Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes

We love desserts in the Wheeler home. Especially desserts that we can grab and run; cookies, muffins, cupcakes, etc....

This was super easy.

You will need:
  • Chocolate cake mix of your choice and the ingredients listed on the box to make. I chose German Chocolate.
  • Tub of your favorite frosting, or your favorite frosting recipe. This day I used cream cheese frosting.
  • Tub of that microwavable dipping chocolate. I would have preferred to use dark chocolate, but Hero is not a fan of the dark stuff, so I used milk chocolate.
  • Can of cherry pie filling.
Directions:
  1. Mix the cake as directed on the box.
  2. Line your muffin tin with paper liners. My cake box said it would make 24 cupcakes, so I lined two of my muffin tins with the liners.
  3. Fill paper liners with cake mix about 2/3 full. I have the large pampered chef scoop and I use one scoop per cupcake.
  4. Spoon 2 to 3 cherries into the middle of each cupcake batter. There is no need to push it into the batter because the batter will rise above the cherries.
  5. Bake as directed on your cake mix directions.
  6. Cool completely before frosting. I love to pipe my frosting onto my cupcakes using the largest star tip I have.
  7. Melt the dipping chocolate according to the package directions, drizzle on cupcakes.
Because I used cream cheese frosting I kept my cupcakes in the refrigerator. It might be a good idea to do that any way if it will take your family more than two days to eat the cupcakes due to the cherries being in the middle, the cupcakes will probably mold quicker because of the cherries.

Enjoy....I know we did.

No comments: