This was super easy.
You will need:
- Chocolate cake mix of your choice and the ingredients listed on the box to make. I chose German Chocolate.
- Tub of your favorite frosting, or your favorite frosting recipe. This day I used cream cheese frosting.
- Tub of that microwavable dipping chocolate. I would have preferred to use dark chocolate, but Hero is not a fan of the dark stuff, so I used milk chocolate.
- Can of cherry pie filling.
- Mix the cake as directed on the box.
- Line your muffin tin with paper liners. My cake box said it would make 24 cupcakes, so I lined two of my muffin tins with the liners.
- Fill paper liners with cake mix about 2/3 full. I have the large pampered chef scoop and I use one scoop per cupcake.
- Spoon 2 to 3 cherries into the middle of each cupcake batter. There is no need to push it into the batter because the batter will rise above the cherries.
- Bake as directed on your cake mix directions.
- Cool completely before frosting. I love to pipe my frosting onto my cupcakes using the largest star tip I have.
- Melt the dipping chocolate according to the package directions, drizzle on cupcakes.
Enjoy....I know we did.