Friday, December 5, 2008

Cranberry Pineapple Minis


This recipe came from the coupon insert out of the Sunday paper about three weeks ago. I was waiting for Thanksgiving to try it as it makes more than my little family of three can eat.

Cranberry Pineapple Minis
  • 1 can (20oz.) Crushed Pineapple, in juice
  • 2 pkg. (3oz. each) Jell-O Raspberry flavored gelatin (I used one 6oz. package)
  • 1 can (16oz.) whole berry cranberry sauce
  • 2/3 cup chopped Walnut pieces
  • 1 Apple, chopped (the recipe doesn't specify a type, so I used Granny Smith)
  1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice.
  2. Add enough water to juice to measure 2-1/2 cups; pour into saucepan.
  3. Bring to boil.
  4. Pour over gelatin mixes in large bowl; stir 2 minutes until completely dissolved.
  5. Stir on pineapple, cranberry sauce, walnuts, and apple.
  6. Spoon into 24 paper-lined muffin cups.
  7. Refrigerator 2-1/2 hours or until firm.
  8. Remove liners
Phillip, Meghan and I do not like nuts, so when I made this at Thanksgiving I did all the steps up to the point of adding the nuts. Then I laddled the mixture into 12 lined muffin cups. After that I added 1/3 cup of nuts to the remaining mixture, and continued as directed in the recipe.

With nuts

Without nuts





Enjoy!

No comments: