What do you put in your potato salad? I put:
- Yukon Gold potatoes, because they are waxy and prevent "mashed" potato salad
- Hard boiled eggs, I usually boil one egg per potato with one extra to slice on top.
- Onions, I prefer red onions in my potato salad.
- Chopped olives, I prefer black olives.
Green olives are NASTY.
- Stone ground mustard
- Garlic powder
- Sweet relish, although if I am really LUCKY and have some of my Granny Franny's zuchinni relish I would use that in a heart beat!
- Apple cider vinegar--just a splash
- Salt, Pepper, and a bit of sugar
Now for the "Why do we do that?"
we I sprinkle paprika on my potato salad? I cannot taste any flavor that it imparts. I realized this afternoon that I put paprika on my potato salad because that is what my Granny Franny does. I love that woman!